We are looking to recruit an exciting part time role, working with the Energise Sussex Coast team on the Climate Active Neighbourhoods (CAN) project. Please review the job description outlined below and send your application to us by December 19th 2016.
Job Description Campaign Manager ESC
Campaign Manager and Fundraiser for Climate Active Neighbourhoods (CAN) project, Hastings
SALARY: 28,000–32,000 pro rata
12 hours per week (possibility of further hours subject to funding)
This post is dependent on delivery of match funding to support an EU Interreg project. Reviewable on a quarterly basis.
- To support Energise Sussex Coast’s priority campaigns by contributing to campaign strategy and delivery of the Climate Active Neighbourhood project.
- To hold relationships with colleagues across Energise Sussex Coast to integrate and deliver innovative, impactful campaigning on energy and carbon saving initiatives.
- To contribute to local campaign delivery (CAN project).
- To nurture and develop key regional, local, and national relationships with public, voluntary and private sector partners.
- To lead fundraising initiatives for Energise Sussex Coast and achieve match funding targets for CAN.
- To support the reporting , monitoring and evaluation milestones of the CAN project and achieve required targets and deadlines.
REPORTING LINES: Post holder reports to CEO
- To contribute to Energise Sussex Coast’s campaigning on local climate change mitigation, energy efficiency and fuel poverty solutions by devising specific campaign activity to be undertaken in delivery of the campaigns.
- To develop and lead on campaigns which lead to lasting behaviour change in relation to energy consumption.
- To contribute ideas and plans to Energise Sussex Coast’s and consortium partners’ various projects on specific elements of campaign delivery.
- Support renewable energy share offer and launch of solar campaign.
- To build and manage relationships with local and national partners appropriate for campaigning issues.
- To engage with local people and facilitate grassroots campaign activities.
- To deliver and evaluate the impacts of campaigning activity, as agreed with Energise Sussex Coast and the wider project team.
- To work with strategic partners to deliver campaigning and supporter activity as appropriate.
- To contribute to effective team working, both internally and in project delivery teams.
- To contribute to fundraising bid writing and activities.
- To help build/ maintain relationships with funders.
- Maintain a strong, proactive and engaging web and social media presence.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrable skills in developing and delivering innovative and impactful campaigning activity.
- Demonstrable skills in developing grassroots campaigning activity.
- Positive, solutions-focussed approach to complex challenges.
- Demonstrable experience of managing relationships with campaigners, partners and networks.
- Commitment to Energise Sussex Coast’s aims and objectives.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of local climate change mitigation, energy efficiency and fuel poverty issues.
- Knowledge of effective behaviour change projects.
- Excellent networking and negotiation skills to work with other partners.
- Experience in managing communities of volunteers and succeeding in achieving results.
- Research, monitoring and evaluation skills.
- Experience of fundraising and developing and maintaining relationships with funders.
- Good personal organisation and judgment to manage own workload with minimal supervision.
- Highly developed IT and administration skills.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter of application stating your suitability for the role, a current CV and contact information for two referees.
Deadline for applications:
Dec 19th 2016**DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JANUARY 3RD**
Dec 22nd 2016INTERVIEWS: Week commencing Jan 9th
Job commences: ASAP