To develop an area-based retrofit programme for 600 homes in the social and private sector in one of the most deprived UK neighbourhoods.
To monitor and evaluate the best ways of engaging a whole community in addressing the problem of climate change and the carbon intensity of our current energy supply.
- Explore innovative finance options to fund renewable energy (solar) installations in social homes, schools or public roof spaces.
- Explore a community energy tariff where residents can purchase locally generated energy – for example the Mongoose tariff being launched in Sept 2016.
- Run training and mentoring programmes for community energy champions in the target neighbourhood.
- Run energy desks, energy cafes and pop up energy shops in several locations for 2 days
- Manage and run an annual show home event and catalogue in Hastings and the wider area.
- Manage external technicians and consultants to install 100 Energy Local systems (smart meters and home energy management systems) that will enable residents to benefit from demand side management and local energy generation.
We are looking for active and engaged partners from the voluntary, private and public sector. Pledges of support could take the form of match funding grants – particularly if the project delivers complementary outcomes for grant funders. Pledges could also be offers of staff time, discounted products or services that help us achieve the project goals.
Project live. Ends December 2019.